Thursday, September 22, 2005

Gamblor

I have a 5 page paper due tomorrow for Comm Ethics on a topic I haven't decided yet. I've gotten no more than 5 hours of sleep for nearly two weeks. There is going to be a great deal of gambling going on at the house tonight. You should come over and take my money.


Also, I finally found (as in looked for for the first time) the poem that my AP English teacher (that's right, the infinitely wise Bruce Rettman) suggested as the theme for our high school yearbook.

"XII" by AE Housman

I promise nothing: friends will part;
All things may end, for all began;
And truth and singleness of heart
Are mortal even as is man.

But this unlucky love should last
When answered passions thin to air;
Eternal fate so deep has cast
Its sure foundation of despair.


Everyone loves an existentialist....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home