Sunday, August 05, 2007

Talking nonsense is man's only privilege that distinguishes him from all other organisms.

That quote is really what sums up this whole blog, I think. So super nerd bonus points if you can name the author and book.

So a little while ago I passed 10,000 hits on this here blog since I installed the counter in December. Which seems like way too many. But that's what the thing says. So thanks to everyone who comes here to click through to other, better blogs.

I find it slightly ironic that I passed 10,000 shortly after the Phitin' Phils lost their 10,000th game, to become the losingest franchise in sports history. On the night they lost number 10,000, a fan in the stands held up a sign with a quote that was attributed to Thomas Edison. The quote was, "I've never failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that didn't work." I have a picture of that sign next to my desk at work. I don't know why it strikes me as so funny.


TR brought me a bunch of new music last night. So far, I've really enjoyed the Pelican record "The Fire In Our Throats Wil Beckon The Thaw" and the Isis record "Oceania." More two-word reviews forthcoming.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Blogger will said...

Do I still get the super nerd bonus points if I only know how to use google and found the answer that way but haven't read that (supposedly dreadful) book?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home