Monday, July 23, 2007

What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?

A little Dirt-inspired subject line.

I haven't been feeling very creative lately. Frankly, I've been feeling like I'm in a bit of a rut. Maybe it's just the dog days of summer effect, or maybe it's because I've been moving around so much recently and am now settled down for a bit, or maybe it's my lack of a main squeeze to turn to. I'm not really sure, which makes it that much harder to feel like I'm getting anything done.

I think part of it is that ever since I learned how to play guitar, I've been in a band of some sort or another, and that all came to an end about a year ago and that's been catching up with me. Something about standing up in front of people, even if it's just the other people in your band, and playing and singing your heart out. I find myself drumming along with songs more and more, and tapping my hands and feet whenever I get a spare second. This is embarrassing when you blatantly (although accidentally!) ignore a barista asking you what you want because you're too busy tapping the beat to the new White Stripes single that's only playing in your head. Not that that happened.

Ahem.

I think it's also been a while since I heard a music that really hit the spot, that was able to wet that dry spot on my musical palette. I also haven't really met anyone who has broken through the everyday fuzz in my head. I also haven't read anything that really got under my skin, that made me think about life. I also haven't seen any movie that I was able to say that I really, truly enjoyed.

I know, I know. You're sorry my life is so hard. But such is the 21st century question of existence - now that we aren't all necessary for the survival of the species, what's th....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry, dozed off there for a second.

I think I need to get more friends who live in my town.

3 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew! I'm still here. I'm just in limbo right now, Internet-wise and in person. I'm, like, literally walking around bent backwards with a long metal bar hovering mere inches from my nose. When I emerge, you shall be among the first to know!

PS- when I Google myself, your post is the third thing to pop up. It makes me sound all dead and stuff. Woooooooooooo!

Take care,

Brooklyn

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Paul Tsikitas said...

Stephan.

This week.

This Thursday?

Let's hit up some drinking? Some Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's at my/your pad? Any night this week really. I only have plans on the wiikend.

Also, I have off Saturday somehow so Friday night I can do extensive chill fest. How's about I give you a call tonight to trouble shoot.

And if you have never read the Iron Heel, I'll let you borrow it. It will be right up yer alley.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

I MISS YOU


and stop being so macho, you miss me too dammit and you know it.

p.s. if you don't, don't tell me, i like living in dream worlds :)

KBYE!

p.p.s COME VISIT RIGHT NOW!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home