Wednesday, June 20, 2007

No no, you clearly told us to play "(I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight" as your wedding song!

You know what's a weird feeling? When you realize that as you're checking out girls at a bar or even just on the street - and don't even play like you aren't doing it, cuz ya are - you start looking to see if they're wearing a ring. You know what's even weirder? Realizing that the reason you started knowing this was because of a throwaway line in a really, really shitty movie.

Fuck man, I'm 23, and I see women and girls and chicks and broads wearing rings all over the place, some of them looking like they don't even have a year on me. Who does that? Who gets married so young? I'll tell you who - my sister. She's 21 and engaged to be married next spring, when she's 22. Madness, I tell you! Although really, it's wracked with hilarity since I, the middle one, have lived with two (2) significant others already, and my brother, the oldest (28), is going out with a girl from my high school class. Yikes!

I'm not saying that it's wrong or right, it just weirds me out. (Okay, I _did_ call it madness, but that's not _necessarily_ a value judgment.) I just can't even fathom, at this age, to make that kind of commitment. True, I was straight edge for a good 9 years or so, but really, straight edge let me go out and do a whole lot of things that a wife wouldn't (like make out with other life philosophies...okay, the metaphor breaks down here a little(btw, what the fuck is up with that picture I linked to?!)). It just seems like madness to me.

Okay, on to other things -

Crystal threw down the gauntlet by posting one of the funniest note ever in her latest post. She also threw it down by telling me to "stop coasting on this fine post" and post something new. So here we are.

I can't believe I never linked to this before. Make sure you listen to "If I Could Smell Her Cunt," "It's Me!" and "Put the Fucking Lotion in the Basket." Also stay excited for Fox News: The Musical. Should be riveting, fair and/or balanced. Also, the best song ever.

Well, my roommate left me a drunken note last night that I saw this morning that told me that we should "get fucked up" and "bond" (quotes are his, not mine). So, I'm off.

3 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Dan Stafford said...

A. What's your problem with Summer School? Fuckin' terrorist.

B. Lots of women. Not one woman. Lots of women. God love you Alan Arkin.

C. That dude is not straight edge. I've been inside him.

D. Crystal's note indeed rocked. Makes me want to go put my Volvo in neutral, and see if crackheaded guy from next door would save it.

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whatever, dude. When it's right, you just know it...

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Awesome. Thanks for the lovely shout out. And I agree, Summer School is a great movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home