Monday, August 13, 2007

The Underachiever's Manifesto

When I graduated from college, my sister gave me a small book called "The Underachiever's Manifesto." (Of course it's a small book.) This book hits really close to home for me personally. It's like Ray Bennett, M.D. was living inside my head and writing down all my asinine excuses for being lazy since I was 7 years old.

I've been meaning to share some nuggets of wisdom from it for a while, and I recently re-read it (took me an excruciating 23 minutes of paying attention to the.same.thing ugh) to excavate said nuggets. And true to form, two and a half weeks later, here we are.


"Let us all join hands and do less together. Then maybe let's all take a nap."

"If something is worth doing at all, sometimes it's worth doing half-assed."

"Being alive at all is by far your greatest achievement."

"The underachiever recognizes the folly in [the search for a perfect mate]. First of all, they know that ugly people have good sex, too."


Heading up to Boston on Wednesday for training/working/vacationing. Promises to be a fruitful trip. Haven't been there for any substantial amount of time in quite a while.

6 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

(i may be banned for this comment...)

drew says" " 'The underachiever recognizes the folly in [the search for a perfect mate]. First of all, they know that ugly people have good sex, too.'
Heading up to Boston on Wednesday for training/working/vacationing. Promises to be a fruitful trip"

Interesting train of thought there....
got some ugly sex a brewin' in boston?

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Werd said...

You're clearly missing the point of the lesson here - I'm an underachiever. I don't plan that far in advance. Nor am I clever enough to put together phrases like that intentionally. Nice detective work, though.

And I, unlike others, am not so rash as to ban people after one conniving comment. It takes at least one and a half.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger leo said...

DREW

DUNDUNJUGGAJUGGA

JOIN OUR BAND

DUNDUNJUGGGAJUGGA

... i mean fantasy football league.

(it didn't sound as cool as gwar)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Dan Stafford said...

I was going to write a lengthy comment on this, but think I'm going to go have a cigarette instead.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Dan Stafford said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Dan Stafford said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home