Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Brief pause / respite

So I started writing journal entries for the first time ever, really. I've done it here and there throughout my time as a student and pseudo-wannabe-writer guy, but I've made a serious move to start writing something every day. Right now, they're just thoughts on shit that's weighing me down, which seems good cuz there's a lot of FAIL going on right now.



I think one of two things could happen - one, I get consumed by that writing and feel like I don't have time to do anything else, i.e. work on stories that I've pulled out of the vault (more on that at a later juncture) or write here. Or two, writing in a journal every day catapults my writing to never-before-seen levels and I start having a prodigious output, the likes of which my vast and expansive readership of four people has never seen before.

I don't really know at this point. Could go either way, I s'pose.

Other than that, Turkey Day was pretty good, and my trip reminded me once again how grateful I am to not be living in Massachusetts (specifically Northboro/Southboro). It also reminded me that I should really try to spend more time with my parents. As my mom took me to the train station to come back here, she simply said, "Where were you?" I know what she meant. Sorry, Mom. It has nothing to do with you, promise. It's that damn town.

I'm also really quite looking forward to my upcoming Denver/Aspen two week blowout extravaganza. There are many things that excite me about it, but mostly I'm just pumped to see the guys and the Hotel Marion again, to be amongst good bars, good food, good beer, and, most importantly, good people. I still stand by the assertion I made in July that that house is one of my favorite places in the world - and that's not just the chilled beer from the kegerator talking.

5 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Blogger Dan Stafford said...

hey lover. well said. i speak for 3/4 of the marion house when i say how excited i am to get you here.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Dan Stafford said...

Yah, that 1/4 is me. Sorry man.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger KDHL said...

Lindsay: What 'cha doing?
Andy: Writing in my gournal. I write my thoughts in it every day.
Lindsay: Oh, you mean a journal?
Andy: Yeah, whatever. I guess I'm not all smart like you.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

what's all this fail talk drew?? I speak for 1/2 of 27 Brevoort place when I say you're great and very non-failish. (I think my roommate was partial to John but only b/c he loved up the potato shaped cat).

Good luck with the journal. Every time I start one I am embarrassed to realize how similar it is to the one I had in 7th grade.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger shelley said...

Don't worry, Drew. I don't feel sad or left out that you're excited to see the Marion GUYS. Cause I know that by that you really meant the Marion guys and your good friend Shelley who happens to be a girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home