Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday night, Race and Magazine: small coffee for here

I needed to get out of the house, so I'm drinking coffee at the cafe near my house. This seems like an okay idea.

Actually, this is foolproof. No way this can fail.

So this weekend has been another fun fest. I'm still reeling from last night. This is a dangerous city that way - the bars don't ever have to close (except midnight to 1 am on Ash Wednesday), there's no such thing as an open container law, and they have a WHOLE FUCKING AISLE OF HOOCH AT RITE AID.

I rode my bike real fucking far last night, pretty stupidly too. (Ah, where would I be without you, Google maps.) I was at a real good bar and left to go to a show where I didn't even go in. Along the way I hit a pot hole and my chain came off. I turned the bike upside down after 20 minutes of struggling, got the shit back on...and didn't realize until I got to the show that I dumped out my lock when I turned my bike upside down. I went back today, though, and I totally found it! Everything's coming up Milhouse!

(PS whilst looking for a clip of that phrase, I found this article, which is basically the best thing ever.)

Beyond that, I just can't get over how really amazingly nice the people are here, and how much they love just talking to you about shit. Coming from Boston by way of Philly, this is disconcerting (in the best way possible), but I'm really starting to get into it.

I think I'm going to be really happy here. I need to start getting my hands dirty pretty soon, but that will come in time - it's hard to avoid here. And I'm not trying to avoid it.

Yes, this will be a good place for me.

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hizzah!

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray! I'm glad you're pleased with the move.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a pretty admirable short list of the most prolific one-liners from The Big Yellow.

I was most surprised by the inclusion of: "But, in a more accurate way, Barney is the winner."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home