Monday, January 26, 2009

Once monthly post!

So, I promise that I have not been deliberately avoiding you, little ol' bloggy blog. It's just...things have been crazy...I've been working a lot....and you know, sometimes I just don't the same way about you that I did.

No no, I still like you, it's just...different.

Ahem. Well.

In a soul-bearing act of confession rarely seen in the declining dead end of Western civilization, I am admitting that I look way too hipster today. From head to toe, what I am wearing.

-- Aloof haircut that is really just the leftovers of another haircut, performed in a bathroom.

-- Kanye sunglasses (not the super 80s ones, but like these:

)

-- Pink/salmon/fuchsia (I'm color blind) Members Only jacket:



-- Snap-button plaid Western shirt

-- Thrift store "Let's Get Physical" T-shirt

-- Relatively tight, very light blue jeans (with bike chain grease)

-- Saucony Jazz sneakers

And...do you even need to ask? Yes, it was all purchased at thrift stores - various ones in Philly, Denver, New Orleans and Chile.

3 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing more ironic than a hipster's desire to assimilate with a culture while simultaneously denying it's affiliation with said culture is the fact that I read an AdBuster article on my ad agency's computer. Go figure.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Wes said...

Let's face it. The writing's been on the wall for some time now. I, for one, am glad you're inching your way out of the closet.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger KDHL said...

You're ridiculous. This is why I'm embarassed to be seen with you in public.

Especially when it's dusk and cloudy and you're still wearing Kanye glasses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home