Thursday, November 24, 2005

Waxing philostinian

Coming home never ceases to weird me out. It's just very strange to see that things keep happening and lives are still lived and people still...do people things. The inexorable march of time and all that tripe. Of course, it doesn't help that my mom totally changed my room and continually mixes things up between my sporadic visits. Even though this is my fourth Turkey Day back home, it still blows me away. Driving around these streets that I knew so well only a few years ago, seeing people whose parents I know, small-talking with friends who tell me to say "Hi" to my Dad for them. This town is an entirely different animal, friends. Not quite sure if I'll ever get used to it. But I do know that as much as I swore I'd never want to see these people again, it was kinda nice to walk into a bar where people knew me and I knew them. However, I am glad that I only stayed at that bar for 40 minutes.

2 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew!! The one person I would have bet Whiskey and Bailey on that would have NEVER showed up at the bar...way cool dude, a welcome break from all the "how've ya been?" BS. Hi to Liz and everyone in motownphilly!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Werd said...

Yea yea, Annie, we all know. I made an appearance. I'm a sellout. I know.

And B, the link is fixed! I'd been meaning to fix it but didn't have a chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home