Saturday, November 12, 2005

So!

So a few days ago I posted a couple of lists of very good things. B asked whether or not I had recently been talked down off the edge. I did no respond because I knew the only way to respond was with this quote from Kurt Vonnegut's novel Timequake, a piece of wisdom that I have been frantically searching for, off and on, since I read the novel three years ago. Who knew that a simple google search would have come up with it?

One thing which Uncle Alex found objectionable about human beings was that they seldom took time out to notice when they were happy. He himself did his best to acknowledge it when times were sweet. We could be drinking lemonade in the shade of an apple tree in the summertime, and he would interrupt the conversation to say, "If this isn't nice, what is?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home