Monday, November 07, 2005

You're standing on my neck

I love it when I rediscover shows from my distant or not-so-distant youth and realize what truly great shows they are. One of the Nickelodeon affiliates on digital cable shows reruns of Daria very late, and I have learned to watch for these relgiously. It's like they were looking five years into the future at my cheery outlook on the world that I have today. Or maybe I just assimilated to her life subconsciously...


There have been two references to "Dada" in my life today. Weird.


I am still looking for my opportunity to inject the word "pejorative" into conversation. I've been waiting three days now. This is getting frustrating, like vocab blue balls. Although I did get to use "indolence" today, which was pretty rad. No matter that Liz totally called me on it; it still fucking ruled.


A passage from the Sedaris book I've been reading, eerily appropriate seeing as I just returned from the city:

"Patrick would get involved, saying that violent crime was a natural consequence of the capitalist system, and then, eventually, the New York skyline would appear on the horizon and we'd all stop talking. If you happen to live there, it's always refreshing to view Manhattan from afar. Up close the city constitutes an oppressive city of staircases, but from a distance it inspires fantasies of wealth and power so profound that even our communists are temporarily rendered speechless."

That's a weird fucking city, man. I still don't know what to make of it. I could wax philosophical on it, I suppose, but I don't think I will. It's getting rather late...

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have managed to insert "esoteric" into your conversation at least once for the last seven weeks, however, and on that i commend you.

- mysterious anonymous stranger

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Werd said...

b-

I have a friend who looks exactly like Trent. I will now think of both Trent and my friend in a wholly different way.


Mysterious anonymous stranger-

I will smite you yet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home