Thursday, August 23, 2007

Never trust a place called Bourbon Street Grille when it's staffed entirely by Asians

I don't know what I was thinking. It didn't even taste good at the time AND I'm getting punished for it now. Yech.

So I was holed up in the Radisson Hotel is historic downtown Boston for the past week or so. I've finally made my way back to the land of the living, out of the confines of the meat locker that is the conference space in that hotel.

Me, when I was packing a week ago: "Dude, it's like 95 out all the time, why would I need to bring pants or any long-sleeved shirts at all?"

Me, yesterday, in a room that was 65 at warmest and a city that is getting highs in the low 70s and lows in the 50s: "I'm an asscopter. Where's the nearest Goodwill?"

So that's been fun.


Scene from this year's PIRG movement-wide training. (author second from right)

I work for one more day and then head up to Maine for the weekend - Papoose Pond, near North Waterford in southern Maine. I am going to <3 it a lot.

Vacation next week is probably going to be one of the best things of my entire life.

2 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Wes said...

Dude! I did the same fuckin' thing in Chicago.

My brain while packing: "Last time you were in Chicago it was über hot out and that was like two weeks ago. So even though you have room, don't do anything so foolish as pack jeans."

Me: "OK, if you think that's wise."

My brain: "I'm not even gonna touch that one. Tard."

Once in Chicago...

Me: "Hey! It's like 55 degrees out and raining! I'm cold and shivering! Who the eff told me not to pack any pantaloons?"

The lesson here: G-Dub was right, go with your gut.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home