Sunday, December 02, 2007

I wish I was the head of household so I could wrestle someone for Festivus

So evidently, it's December. Nature decided to let me know last night by snowing a little as I passed out drove around in Drew's car. Then today it's been a steady downpour of the dreaded wintry mix that descends upon the northeast every winter like the plague. It really is miserable out there, and I'm surprised I left the house at all today.

The gurnal writing is going okay - I missed the other night because I fell asleep, but other than that I've been keeping up with it and not reading back entries. I think this will help me be a little more honest with myself, which apparently I have a problem with. I think I will stop mentioning this soon. Apparently it's helped me get the wheels turning though, and I've made a bunch of posts recently despite being up to my harbls at work. So that seems good or bad (depending on your view of my rambling)!

Just a few more days until I scamper off the great wide West. I just realized that I'm going to be gone for like 3 weeks, and I need to pack, which is always exciting. Also, Steve is going to be unhappy with me again. She's always unhappy about something, though - mostly because she's mad about being a female cat named Steve, I think.

So the rents asked me a little while ago what I wanted for Festivus. This is always hard for me, because I never think about things this way. (I figured out today why this is - my mom is exactly the same way. If she wants something, she just goes out and gets it.) So I thought I would start a sort of ongoing list of thing it would be nice to have for Festivus, if only to help out mom when she's buying all manner of ill shit for her favorite* son.

So here's my Festivus list, which I will amend as necessary in future posts.

- Seeing everyone I love over the next month

- A nice bottle of bourbon or Irish whiskey

- A flask (may purchase on own so I can walk around Aspen, CO in a suit, packing a flask)

- All my friends being happy in whatever they do

- "On The Road" by Jack Kerouac

- The courage to change what I can, the patience to accept what I cannot, and wisdom always to tell the difference

- My books that Lou and Gwen stole / I let them borrow

- Delicious vegetarian food that I eat / make

- A thrift store three piece pinstripe suit, tailored to my freakishly proportioned body

- A pair of jeans

- A record player that works correctly, so I can listen to Otis Redding on vinyl, just like he was intended to be heard

- A voice like Tom Waits'

That's all for now, I think.


*May become second favorite son if older brother ever gets his shit together and stops wearing camouflage Red Sox hats and shaving his chest and arms.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with that "pair of jeans" thing.

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd also like my copy of David Sedaris' "Naked" that you stole/I let you borrow for Christmas.

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Werd said...

TR -

Yeaaaa. I'm gonna try to get Mom to buy them.

Stev -

Yeaaaaa. It's on my shelf. It's yours whenever we hang out, which is never. I feel like you Jersey guys might as well live in Zaire, which you basically do.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger L P said...

Good think I don't celebrate the holidays. Go eff yourself re. your books.

Seriously though, I may drop them at your door Dec. 21, as I'll be through the city on my way to Maryland. Your only duty is to remind me.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

what's your address, yo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home