Thursday, June 26, 2008

Downtown public library, Loyola and Tulane, 5:21 pm

So as I reach the end of my second week of vagrancy in New Orleans, I think it's safe to say I've become a regular at the downtown library. I am officially:

Tall, skinny guy with the mohawk, glasses and flip flops who types too loudly on his obviously expensive computer, which he props up with his wallet.

Other regulars include:

- Old guy with the matted beard who can't quite raise his head all the way and pants that are cuffed really high (he sat at my table today)

- Really old woman who shuffles very slowly and wears the same shirt every day, and is morally opposed to any support for her still-ample bosom

- Tall guy with the baseball hat who sits in the one window seat with an outlet next to it, hunched over a cell phone for hours at a time

- Middle aged woman with the coke bottle glasses and varying array of cat and kitten t-shirts

'Tis a long and illustrious line indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home