Thursday, February 23, 2006

It's still gross

It started innocently enough: I had to trim my beard. But a perfunctory cleansing of the bathroom sink led to a more thorough job, and that led to a full-out Cleaning Of The Bathroom. It needed to be done, and I spent the last 55 minutes cleaning our 2x2 foot bathroom. Weird shit in the creases of the shower. About a year's worth of hair and dust on the ground. Soap that was becoming part of the sink. Sorry if this doesn't make much sense - I have a small shower and I used a shitload of Fantastik. I don't care if everything (more or less) in the bathroom comes from our own bodies or via our bodies - for the record, that shit's gross.

Speaking of for the record, my Top Five in the Collegian this week was about bands that get written off as one-hit wonders by the "mainstream" when really their whole catalogues prove them to be ridiculously good. The list consisted of Blur, Blind Melon, Nada Surf, At The Drive-In, and Harvey Danger. (This is a nuanced argument, but the point is that these bands don't achieve mainstream respect, even if they are critically acclaimed or loved by underground fans.) I might add to that list Pavement, Fiona Apple, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Ben Folds Five, Dinosaur Jr., Hum, The Lemonheads, Warren Zevon, The Violent Femmes, and The Beatles. That is all.

2 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger d said...

fiona is awesome. :) i think there's a little feminist living under all that hair ... the hair that you should never, never cut. not ever again. no.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Werd said...

Ah yes. My little feminist. She's so cute. And you're right - I shouldn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home