Monday, February 27, 2006

Nothing substantive

Okay, so The Girl was down this weekend and we did stuff. Saw Heart of Gold and that rocked (mad props to The Girl for seeing it twice). Saw Erik Petersen in this dude's kitchen in West The Moon playing a set of all covers. My weekdays are turning into tests of endurance, though my job at the phonathon is really just turning into me doing the Wonderword in the Inquirer and making an occasional phone call to someone's answering machine. And since I tried to make substantive posts and failed, I'ma stick to mindless gibberish for now. Also, here's a good quote about writing.

"In going where you have to go, and doing what you have to do, and seeing what you have to see, you dull and blunt the instrument you write with. But I would would rather have it bent and dull and know I had to put it to the grindstone again and hammer it into shape and put a whetstone to it, and know that I had something to write about, than to have it bright and shining and nothing to say, or smooth and well-oiled in the closet, but unused."
-Ernest Hemingway

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home