Sunday, December 09, 2007

Denver - The Windy City!

So I arrived safely in Denver amidst a pretty significant snow squall yesterday. Even took the bus successfully to downtown, where I had to schlep my rolling suitcase and three other bags down the snow-covered sidewalks. I really need a "fit everything in there" duffel bag for these 3 week sojourns I seem to have been taking so frequently.

Apparently Aspen has been getting ass tons of snow. (And yes, "ass tons" is a scientific term.) Something ridiculous like six feet in the past week. So the skiing and fun up there should be really good - too bad I don't leave till Friday. This week should be really good, if for no other reason than I'm in Denver rather than Philly. I mean, everyone should <3 Philly and all, but it's definitely nice to get outta Dodge, as I keep saying.

Today has been another post-hardcore/post-punk day. Just listened to The Monroe Doctrine by Farside and am now listening to 13 Songs by Fugazi. After this, I think it's on to The Silhouette by Garrison, or it might be Diary by Sunny Day Real Estate. Ah, those were the days...

"I just feel so old since the sun came up today
And the winds of change unearthed my apathy
It's all work and no play"

- "Better Than Crying", Farside (from The Monroe Doctrine)

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger KDHL said...

You don't mind the weather. You've got scarves and caps and sweaters. Have you got long johns under slacks for blustery days?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home