Monday, January 28, 2008

I wish I was a little bit taller

I don't have lots of wishes. Fewer than most people, I think, because I don't wish for many material things and I'm pretty happy about most things when it comes right down to it. And I don't live in the third world, and my family is pretty good and I love my friends. I care about people, and people care about me.

But sometimes, what I wish for more in the world than anything else, is a little fucking self-confidence.

"Better hop on in -
The pass will close if the clouds start rolling in.
Can't take the thought of being stuck again."

- "Afghamistam" by Botch (from An Anthology Of Dead Ends)

2 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

the weird thing about self confidence is that it's distributed all wrong. Some of the lamest people feel GREAT about themselves whilst my friends, who are all pretty awesome btw, second guess themselves a lot.

We need more self-confidence equity!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yea...you're definitely right. I wish I had even a quarter the self-confidence of the douchebag who pops his collar and wears checkered shorts with flip flops in February and orders 6 Jager bombs and two Miller Lites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home