Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Lo how the mighty have fallen!

So less than 2 months after he won his crown of Man Of The Year 2007, my roommate Cedric was enveloped in scandal and left town quicker than the Colts left B-more back in '84.

Turns out he hadn't been paying rent or bills for a few months - just couldn't be bothered, I suppose. Instead, he was taking the couple hundo I was giving him every month and just living on it. He let me know at one point that he was having trouble paying rent, so I even loaned him his portion in January, but none of it ever made it to the landlord. I even opened some old bills and saw that he hadn't been paying those for months and months. Yesterday the gas company tried to come and shut off the gas to the house. 8:45-and-just-woken-up me muttered something like "please don't I'll die" and then I had to go to the PGW office and sit around for an hour to get that shit straightened out.

The sketchiest part of the whole thing was that I went out around 10:30 pm on Saturday night, and when I came home at 2:30 am all his shit was gone and one of my mugs was broken. (He left an apology note, complete with a smiley face with X's for eyes.)

Cedric, we hardly knew ye...despite living with you for over a year and a half.

So next weekend, one of the early front runners for Woman Of The Year 2008, Mo, moves in. Our apartment will be very fun and you should come over. Also, we'll be having a "welcome to the city" party sometime this month, so stay tuned.


"I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom if I can."

- "Heroin" by The Velvet Underground (from The Velvet Underground and Nico)

3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger KDHL said...

You managed to use "lo" and "ye" in here.

Quick question, what century is it?

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still kinda wish it was you and not Cedric who was moving out

-Grandma

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger leo said...

You know, Drew, you live in Philly now, which means that this kind of behavior makes it acceptable for you to hunt the kid down and kill him.... or at least break a couple fingers. It's just a common courtesy in that way.

I'd take advantage of that Brotherly Love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home