Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hakeem the Dream

I like reading Free Darko. It's an NBA blog written by way, way overeducated people that has some hilarious insight into the game. Personally, I think the NBA is garbage and I can't watch a whole game without wanting to shoot myself, but the storylines are fantastic. It's the new wrestling, if you ask me, and it can feel even more scripted at times.

Degrassi is turning Lou and Gwen into zombies. I walked in front of the t.v. a moment ago on my way to the basement, said something inane and pointless about whatever was happening (as I am wont to do), and went downstairs to do my laundry. While I was down there, they looked at each other and wondered what was making all that racket downstairs. When I came back up, they were completely confounded. Spinner and Manny just have that effect on people, I guess. So hypnotic. (As a p.s. to that story, Drew just came home and as I heard him coming up the stairs (quickly), he was saying loudly, "Degrassi is on!" Oh, Uber Street.)

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger leo said...

As a guy who actually likes basketball, I find Free Darko very interesting. Do you know this guy? How abouts did you come across this? I need to get in with these guys... I never heard such an academic discussion of why someone sucks.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Werd said...

Leo-
It's actually a bunch of guys - I have no idea how many, somewhere between 5 and 10, I think. Drew knows one of the guys.

Sully-
Addendum to my post: After Lou read it, he goes "It wasn't Manny, it was Paige." It's an illness, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home