Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Help save the youth of America

Blogging from Boston. Being out for 2 days = several hundred emails that require my IMMEDIATE attention from work. As much as I do still enjoy my job in many ways, I can safely say that I won't mind being out of that spotlight for a while. As patient as I like to think I am, it has gotten to me at times, and this past weekend was one of those times.

The wedding was very nice, and it went off without a hitch. KDHL and I got shitty with my brother on Friday night, and then woke up late and took our time on Saturday morning, then had to get ready and pack all our shit up in about 4 minutes, so we showed up dead last to the ceremony, looking great but also sweaty and clearly very hungover. It only lasted about 20 minutes (which should be the time limit on weddings, btw), then we were at the reception for a few hours, which was pretty fun. Our wedding gift was a Slip n Slide and water balloons. Those will obv come in handy.

Saturday night was the Too Soon party at the Space Machine, and it went swimmingly. Not too many people there, but everyone who was there was pretty quality and there were some really good costumes. Pictures will appear somewhere at some point...maybe. Cory slept on top of the washer and dryer and we hung out on the porch all day Sunday, fratting it up.

All in all, a pretty amazing time so far and I look forward to the next week and a half. Going to Red Sox games tonight and Thursday, probably going to NYC on Friday. Busy busy!

Also, I've been reading this dude Aaron Cometbus, an author that Mo just turned me on to. I'm reading his book "Double Duce" and loving it. I read this passage this morning and thought I'd share it with everyone, since it seemed to strike a chord with me.

Willey started talking again about marriage, raising a family, and moving to Montana. Of course, that was my worst nightmare. My inner grandfather had an entirely different take on things.

"Family, Aaron, is not you and a punk girl in a dumpster. Neither is it isolation and self-sufficiency on a farm in Bumfuck, Nowhere. Family is the great family of man. Family is the strangers passing on the street in the city, mutual respect and subtle interdependence. Settling down means becoming comfortable with yourself and your role in society, not selling out. Why can't you be more like Gorky? Focus your creativity to give birth to something you can be proud of, something which would make your poor grandfather embarrassed but make society as a whole more understanding and inspired."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home