Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Fuck it, dood, let's go bowling

I got a haircut.



The Girl from New York approves. And that's swell, even if she returned to New York today. And that's not swell. I like her sometimes. She's pretty swell. Tsikitas met a cool girl who goes to school in New York, too, so we may be taking some road trips soon for some sexy double dates. Woo domesticity!

School started yesterday. So much slacking this semester. Lots of reading, but I don't mind that. I'm taking a seminar on Angela Carter and Salman Rushdie in which we have to read eight books, but I've already read two, so that should be pretty manageable. I got back some essays that my professor really liked, so we're going to send them out to publishers soon. Perhaps someday I'll post fragments up here, though I really despise long posts, and they're both long essays. So ho hum.

I'm working on a new project, and picked up some more supplies at Home Depot today, so I'll post pics soon. Home Depot is fucking insane. I would kill everyone if I worked there. I came close even after being there for only ten minutes. I went in with a simple list - spray paint, fluorescent light bulb for the kitchen, duct tape - and came out batting .333 because I was so aggravated with the process of tracking someone down about the spray paint that I stormed out. Okay, maybe "stormed out" is the wrong term; I casually left after forgetting that I had to get the other things.

I bought America: The Calendar. Not nearly as good as The Onion calendar I had last year. Come on, '06! '05 wasn't even that good! You can do it!

4 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decided to checkup on the life and times of drew stephan and I see this...wow...wow...did you go to Nicholas Michaels in the N-boro to get that done? Apparently the days of Drew cutting his own hair are over.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Face of Spades said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew, due to your radical new haircut and vaguely pleasant facial expression, I feel compelled to ask you If you'd like to go on a romp through the woods. Maybe chop down some trees?
Log rolling?
Flapjacks?
cuddle fight?
Great big Blue Ox?
saloon...ing?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Werd said...

Paul-
No, ten buck jobber here in Philly. Those days at NM are behind me now.

Danno-
Ha. Nicely done. The Girl and I also did a lot of baking.

Rick-
Cuddle fight sounds nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home