Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ugh

So I haven't been keeping tabs on everyone's blogs lately, on account of spending lots of time with The Girl From New York and not giving my other honey, the computer, as much attention as she has received and will continue to receive in the coming months. Hence, I just went through all of the blogs I have listed over -----> there and read all the stuff I missed. Man, some people talk a lot. Others (ahem Doctor ahem) don't. I love reading them, though. It's so nice to see what other people are doing. Though I can't help but shake this feeling that maybe I should just talk to people once in a while...


Nah.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger Werd said...

Quite true, quite true. I think if Hesse had been around and not a recluse, he would have had a self-indulgent blog that we would relate to quite well. I dug your quote; reminded me of another from Demian:

"I stood at a street corner and listened: out of two bars the methodically rehearsed gaiety of youth rang out against the night. False communion everywhere, everywhere shedding the responsibility of fate, flight to the herd for warmth."

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Werd said...

Yeaaaa, Demian was tough. But there were some good things in it. I read Siddhartha and really enjoyed that, and started reading Steppenwolf but just couldn't deal with it. At least they're short, because there's only so much loathing for humanity that I can tolerate outside my own...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home