Thursday, April 13, 2006

Smelling like a salty dog, back from hell where you belong

Ok, so quite a few people interested in the baseball blog. Now we need a sweet name - I'm quite open to suggestions. Drew and Lou keep making suggestions, but they're kinda bad. Drew, for instance, just suggested "backbackbackbackbackback.blogspot.com." Doesn't help that we just got back from Chickie's and Pete's where he imbibed several (ok, 943) dollar drafts. So far, McGrath, Leo, and Hogan have expressed interest - anyone else? Rick, I couldn't tell if you wanted to or not. Stop leaving such cryptic comments.

The other fun thing I've got here is a post back from my livejournal days. (I don't wanna post the pic again, but here it is again in case you missed it.) When Lou and I were living in our autonomous collective on Second Bernard during our sophomore year, we came up with the idea for a conservative punk band (inspired and/or preceded by this site, I think - it's hard to remember if our idea came before or after we saw that site) and came up with a bunch of song titles. Some of them are pretty good.

"right (wing) is right" (or "right (wing) is might, we're not sure.)
"line my pockets"
"god save the bushes"
"anarchy in the u.k. set a bad fiscal precedent"
"tax cuts, big bucks"
"we love minorities (over easy)"
"your labor, my nest egg"
"janitorial work is below me, want a job?"
"drill 'em all (the wilderness)"
"blood for oil sounds fine to me"

Ah yes, how I miss the autonomous collective...

5 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger leo said...

I might have said this before, but your last reminiscing of Army of Darkness made me nostalgic. I got a guy who was in Evil Dead 2 and a few others in small parts, a personal friend of Raimi, to be in my student film. He's effing great. Hopefully when I come home I can show you guys it and next year it'll play in the Philly film festival's college division.

I know you and Lou are Red Sox fans, but I think the '93 Phillies are great subjects for blog names. Kruk, Lenny Nails Dykstra, and the eternally weird Darren Daulton could all provide inspiraysh.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Drew said...

INSURANCE RUNS

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Drew said...

CHRIS SABO'S HOUSE OF REC SPECS

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Drew said...

BACK BACK BACK BACK CHRIS SABO'S HOUSE OF BASEBLOG AND REC SPECS

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Werd said...

Mm. I kinda like the Sabo idea, but I wonder how far the kitcsh value will go. Also Insurance Runs is kinda catchy, but I grow less enthused about it. Maybe something with Kruk or Shoeless Joe. So many possibilities!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home